Taxi driver charged 150,000 원을 to collect my lost iPhone

글쓴이 Shiven Chudasam… 
승차일시 2024-04-09 23시 30분
승차장소 -
하차일시 2024-04-09 23시 55분
하차장소 Seoul National University Venture Town Station
신고일
차량번호 Seoul
내용 I lost my iPhone in the taxi and my friend called the taxi driver. The taxi driver found the phone and said he would deliver it to my friend to the nearest station. When he arrived, he told my friend to pay a ransom of 150,000KRW. My friend paid by card (Woori Bank). Can we complain about this?

택시에서 아이폰을 잃어버렸는데 친구가 택시기사에게 전화를 했어요. 택시 기사님이 휴대폰을 발견하고 가장 가까운 역에 있는 친구에게 가져다 주겠다고 하더군요. 그가 도착했을 때 그는 내 친구에게 몸값 150,000원을 지불하라고 말했습니다. 친구가 카드(우리은행)로 결제했어요. 이에 대해 불평할 수 있나요?
1 Comments
04.11 14:29  
Dear Shiven Chudasam 

In regards to your requests, please refer below

First, it is stipulated that giving a reward when the driver finds lost items in a taxi is an obligation, not a courtesy.
The relevant law is found in Article 4 (Compensation) of the Lost and Found Act, and the contents are as follows.
Article 4 (Compensation) The person who receives the returned product must pay compensation to the person who acquired it in the range of not less than 5/100 but not more than 20/100 of the price of the product.

Additionally, if the taxi driver said, “I will not return the lost item unless you give me a kickback,” this may be punishable.
Additionally, lost items must be returned within one week, and if the lost item is returned to its owner, compensation (key money) can be requested within one month from that point.

You need to know your car number or company name so you can see which car you boarded.
It is difficult to check complaints because the current car information is insufficient.

Thank you for using the Seoul taxi association